Installation instructions are also available in the BC300 manual.
Ensure you are practicing all standard safety precautions during installation.
To connect the BC300 External Shunt and CommLink:
- Remove all the connections to the battery.
- Connect the CommLink to the BatteryPlus35 or J35 CAN bus with the provided CommLink data cable. The data cable can be plugged into either CAN bus socket on the CommLink.
- Connect the negative battery connection to the battery negative terminal using the connector provided or directly to the battery. It is important that the correct terminal on both the battery and the BC300 External Shunt is used.
- Connect all negative load connections to the new negative terminal connection on the BC300 External Shunt.
- Connect all positive load connections including the BC300 External Shunt’s positive flying lead to the battery positive terminal.
Once these connections are made the BatteryPlus35 or J35, the BC300 External Shunt and CommLink will be powered and will enter pairing mode, shown with a flashing blue LED.
To pair the BC300 External Shunt with the CommLink:
- With a pen or similar make a short press on the CommLink pair button. This will initiate the pairing between the CommLink and the BC300 External Shunt.
- The CommLink status indicator will start flashing blue. Watch the CommLink status indicator while the pairing is occurring. It may take up to one minute for the pairing to complete.
If the pairing is successful the CommLink status indicator start flashing green at 5 second intervals.
The CommLink is now paired with the BC300 External Shunt and is receiving data.