To test the TrailSafe to confirm it is working properly:
- Before starting, ensure the TrailSafe pull pin is in place.
- Power up the TrailSafe from your 12V battery as per the wiring instructions in the manual. The LED will display a continuous flashing purple light, indicating the first stage of calibration is in progress. This will last for up to 5 minutes.
- When the first stage is completed, the LED will display a solid purple light. When this happens, pull the safety pin out. The LED will display a continuous flashing purple light again, indicating the second stage of calibration is in progress. This will last for up to 1 minute.
- If the LED indicates an alternating purple and red light, the wiring voltage drop in the black/red wire (+v) and/or the white wire (-v) is exceeding 10% of the nominal voltage. Check the wiring connections and consider increasing the black/red and/or the white wire size.
- Once completed, LED will display a solid purple light again. At this stage, put the pull pin back in. The LED will then display a status indicator. For details, refer to the LED Status Indicators section of the TrailSafe manual.